Interested in joining the Edison Academy?
Follow these steps for the start to an exciting future with us:
Steps for Applying:
Choose a Specialized Program
- Review the Academy and Other Specialized Programs Course Offerings to identify the course and location you are interested in attending.
- Think about a second course choice if you are willing to enroll in another course at the same location in the event your first choice is full.
- Visit the Edison Academy class you are considering (visits are arranged by your school counselor). Edison Academy classes are open for student visitors Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays during our AM or midday blocks from January - March. Your counselor will help you arrange all the details required for the visit. (Seeing the class in action can be really helpful in making your decision, but visits are optional)
- Attend the Edison Academy Open House on Saturday, January 20, 2018 from 10:00 – 1:00 PM.
- Discuss your course interests with your parent or guardian.
Meet with Your School Counselor
- Meet with your counselor to review your academy/specialized program choice(s).
- Your counselor will complete the online application.
- Check your email account to confirm your application has been submitted by the March 15th deadline.
- March 15, 2018 - Academy application deadline. After this date, registrations will be accepted for courses on a space-available basis.
- April 1, 2018 – Admission decisions posted for school counselors.
- Open House - Our next open house will be in the 2018-2019 school year. Check back in the fall for the date and time of the next event.
Student Visits to the Edison Academy
- We welcome student visitors during our AM and midday blocks on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays in February and March.
- Verify exact course offering and times available on the visitor pass for your school (see below).
- Shuttle transportation to and from our Academy is required for our student visitors.
- School counselors need to contact Cassandra Deedy, Edison Academy Counselor, at 703-924-8101, at least two days prior to the desired visit date to finalize arrangements. It’s important to us to make sure our visitors enjoy an excellent experience during their time with us.