Attendance is Required During Virtual and In-Person Learning School Year 2020-2021
Reporting Edison Academy Absences
Absences must always be reported to BOTH the student's base high school and to Edison Academy. Please email or call within 24 hours of the absence in order to insure accurate attendance for your student.
Whether the student is missing an asynchronous or synchronous virtual class or missing an in-person class with a small cohort group. Absences must be reported.
Email and Telephone Messages must include the following information:
- Student School ID Number (very important)
- Student first name and last name
- Reason for absence - Be specific about the reason why your child will not be attending school.
- Please indicate whether your child has any of the following symptoms:
- Feeling feverish or having chills
- Fever greater than or equal to 100.4 F
- Headache (not due to another health condition, hunger, menstrual cramps stress, or injury)
- A new cough (not due to another health condition)
- Shortness of breath or breathing difficulties (not due to diagnosed respiratory condition or if different than normal pattern of chronic condition)
- A new sore throat (not due to another health condition)
- Congestion or runny nose (not related to allergies or health condition)
- Fatigue (more tired than normal or sudden onset)
- New muscle pain (not due to another health condition or that may have been caused by a specific activity such as physical exercise)
- New loss of taste, smell, or appetite
- Abdominal pain (not due to hunger, constipation, injury, or stress)
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
- Parent/Guardian name
- Relationship to student
- Daytime telephone or mobile (cell) phone number
E-Notify Calls go out each evening to the home telephone number to make parents aware of unverified and unexcused absences.
Attendance is important to a student's overall success in school.