Cyber: Computer Systems Technology
FCPS Grade Level and Course Credit information is found at the links to the left. The Virginia Department of Education Curriculum may be found using the links to the right.
- Computer Systems Technology I - VDOE Curriculum - 1 credit
- Computer Systems Technology II - VDOE Curriculum - 2 credits (double block class period)
The level 1 class gives students an introduction to the computing industry and the various disciplines the student can study. The concepts introduced are computing devices, networking, programming, database, security and IT careers. The level 1 course strives for students to pass the CompTIA IT Fundamentals certification exam.
The level 2 course prepares students for the Electronics/Computer industry by providing them with entry level skills as an electronics/computer technician. An emphasis is placed on preparation for the industry-established CompTIA A+ Computer Technician certification. This requires skills in basic computing electronics in addition to competency with computer hardware & software.
Computer based training software, coupled with plentiful hands-on experience, prepare the student to install, troubleshoot, repair and upgrade computer equipment. The successful graduate of this program will be ready to pursue work in either the electronics / computer industries or further academic training in post-secondary educational institutions.
- Meters & Test - Equipment
- Power Supplies
- Computers & - Peripherals
- A+ Test Simulators
- On Site A+ Exam
- Networking - Equipment
- Online Curricula
Professional Certification Opportunities
- CompTia ITF+ Certification - Level 1
- CompTia A+ Certification - Level 2
- Testout ITF Pro Certification - Level 1
- Testout PC Pro Certification - Level 2
- Microsoft Office Specialist MTA
- Microsoft Office Specialist MOS
Potential Career Opportunities
- Electronics Technician
- Network Technician
- Computer Technician
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Network Engineering