Opportunity at George Washington’s Mount Vernon
Operations and Maintenance Department Internship Opportunity
For : Electrical/HVAC Students
Paid Internship Openings Available NOW!
Description: Grow your skills and experience with exterior and interior building maintenance and operations at George Washington’s historic estate, gardens, and museum. Work includes electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, Carpentry, Painting and other specialized construction, repair and maintenance. Opportunities exist to grow your resumé and get sponsorship for growing your future career!
Preference given to Sophomores and Juniors.
- Responsibility, Dependability, Punctuality , Positive Attitude
- Ability to measure accurately
- Familiar with basic building tools and materials
- Must be US Citizen or have valid green card
- Photo ID and SSN required for employment
- Must provide own transportation to and from work (bus service is available from Edison via Huntington to Mt Vernon)
- Drug screening required for employment
- Mt Vernon Uniforms (jacket, long and short sleeve shirts, etc)
- Pay $9 starting pay with advances possible with initiative and motivation to earn more per hour, 20 hours per week, only 1 weekend day per week
- Mentoring - Mt Vernon will assist students wishing to compete in Skills USA competitions by coaching, mentoring, and providing practice on the job. Instructors should provide Mt Vernon with competencies and tasks to be performed/learned.
Get help with your resume to apply in the Academy Office with Ms Williford. Resumes due by December 2, 2019