One page course description is found here. (You must be logged into an fcpsschools.net account to view)
Detailed information about all Work Based Learning opportunities may be found at this link. Students must be logged into their fcpsschools.net account to access the link.
This course must be paired with a CTE content course in Business and Information Technology. At Edison Academy those courses are:
Cyber: Database, Design and Management 1, Oracle
Cyber: Database, Design and Management 2, Oracle
Cyber: Routing and Switching 1A, Cisco
Cyber: Routing and Switching 1B, Cisco
Cyber: Routing and Switching 2A, Cisco
Cyber: Routing and Switching 2B, Cisco
Cyber: Computer Systems Technology 1A+
Cyber: Network Administration 1
Cyber: Network Administration 2
Cyber Security+ Capstone
Students must take both the Internship course and at least one of the courses listed above together in the same school year.
An overview of the Internship course:
- Internship is a Work-Based Learning experience that places the student in a real workplace environment to develop and practice career-related knowledge and bring together skills and knowledge for a specific career field related to the student’s career interests, abilities, and goals.
- An Internship Training Agreement must be in place which requires the support of the student, parent/guardian, and employer/business internship sponsor.
- Internships may be paid or unpaid with sponsoring organizations.
- Meaningful and authentic connections are made to classroom learning and accompanied by structured reflection activities.
- Students participating in internships are guided by a formal, written training plan that defines specific academic and workplace skills to be mastered.
- Course credit for internship experiences during the school year should be based upon the student’s successful completion of the course and continuous, satisfactory employment throughout the school year.
- Students should achieve a minimum of 280 hours of internship experience with a sponsoring organization for the school year (70 hours per quarter).
- Student must secure their internship experience by October but preferably prior to the school year start date..
Business/Industry Mentoring and Supervision
Occupation Specific Work Based Learning Experience
On-the-Job Training with Related Technical Classroom-based Instruction
Employability and Occupational Skills