Course Registration Information
Interested in attending the Edison Academy?
Follow these steps to start an exciting future with us:
Choose a Specialized Program
- Review the Academy and Other Specialized Programs Course Offerings to identify the course and location you are interested in attending.
- Think about a second course choice in the event your first choice is full.
- Discuss your course interests with your parent or guardian.
We Suggest That You Also Visit to See What We're All About
Open House - Our next open house will be on Saturday, January 11, 2020, from 10:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m. (Snow Date January 25, 2019) This event is open to high school students and their families. Check out this flyer for courses we offer and more information: Open%20House%20flyer%20pdf%202020_0.pdf
Student Visits During the School Day - See your school counselor to arrange a visit to the Edison Academy class you are considering. Edison Academy classes are open for student visitors Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays during our AM or midday blocks from January 27- February 28 Your counselor will help you arrange all the details.
Some helpful hints for counselors regarding student visits:
- It’s important for us to make sure visitors have an enjoyable and meaningful visit so we need time to prepare for our student visitors. School counselors MUST contact Cassandra Deedy, Edison Academy Counselor, at 703-924-8101, at least two days prior to the desired visit date to finalize arrangements.
- A Student Visitor Form for the student's base school must be completed. Students must bring this form with them for their Academy visit: Annandale, Edison, Falls Church, Hayfield, Justice, Lake Braddock, Lee, Mount Vernon, Quander Road, South County, West Potomac, West Springfield, and Generic Pass for other schools.
- Verify exact course offering and times available on the visitor pass for your base school.
- Please note that shuttle transportation to and from our Academy is required for our student visitors. Students are not allowed to drive.
Meet with Your School Counselor to Complete the Registration Process
- Meet with your counselor to review and confirm your academy/specialized program choice(s).
- Your counselor will complete the online registration application with you.
- Check your email account to confirm your application has been submitted by the March 15th deadline.
- Additionally, If you are enrolling in a course where Dual Enrollment is an option offered through Northern Virginia Community College, please work with your counselor to complete all steps to qualify you to participate. You should complete an online application to NOVA to obtain your student ID and username, submit qualifying test scores or take placement tests, have all information recorded on the Dual Enrollment Intent Form with your counselor's verification signature, our parent signature and your own signature. The Dual Enrollment Intent Form must be submitted to the appropriate authority by the spring deadline TBA. Currently we offer Dual Enrollment through NOVA in Criminal Justice level 1, Culinary Arts level 1 and level 2, and Automotive Technology level 2 and level 3.
- February 28, 2019 - Academy application deadline. After this date, registrations will be accepted for courses on a space-available basis.
- TBA – Admission decisions posted for school counselors.