Financial InTuition Podcasts from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (US Government Resource)
Learns tips and strategies on hw to make more informed financial decisions around managing money, saving, and paying for higher education, and repaying student loan debt. Go here to learn more and watch.
Scholarships are awarded to students based on their academic record, leadership ability, talents or need for financial assistance. There are a number of Web Scholarship Searches available. Be very careful about scams and do your research.
Visit your High School Career Center and Check out Student Naviance
FCPS students are encouraged to check out the scholarship opportunities available through their high school Career Center and in their Naviance Student account. Naviance Student is a web-based service designed especially for high school students and their parents to aid students as they make decisions about academic plans, colleges and post-secondary training, and careers. Use this guide to help you locate scholarships in Naviance.
Scholarships offered by organizations other than FCPS are neither sponsored nor endorsed by the Fairfax County School Board, the Superintendent, or this school. Additional scholarships and awards can be searched through the Financial Aid Offices of the colleges and universities under consideration.
For the complete FCPS database of Scholarships, go to Naviance: College Tab, Scholarships & Money, Scholarship List, Local & Regional Scholarships
Additional Financial Aid Information Sites:
- Air Force Aid Society - Air Force Dependents scholarships, loans and grants.
- Amazon Future Engineers Scholarships
- Army Emergency Relief - Scholarships and aid for active duty Army soldiers and their dependents.
- Aviation Scholarships
- Big Sun Athletics Scholarships
- CollegeAnswer - Website sponsored by Sallie Mae dedicated to colleges and scholarships.
- College Board
- CollegeNET - Features a scholarship search with more than 600,000 scholarships in the database.
- College Savings Plans Network - SAT information, college search apply on-line, scholarship search.
- CollegeScholarships.com - List of college scholarships updated monthly.
- CollegeView - Allows users to create a profile to get pertinent results in the scholarship search.
- CSS Profile
- Elks Lodge Scholarships
- FAFSA on the Web
- FastWeb - Quickly search for colleges and scholarships.
- FCPS Scholarship List - List of currently available scholarships from the Fairfax County Public Schools website.
- Federal Pin Number
- FCPS Family Connections account on Blackboard 24/7
- Federal Direct Loans
- Federal Student Aid on the Web
- Financial Aid Information Page - Information on financial aid and scholarship scam alerts.
- FreSch - Advice for graduate students, suggestions, tips and more.
- Grants Vs Scholarships (courtesy of San Joaquin Valley College)
- Guide to College Scholarships from ChamberofCommerce.org
- International Education Financial Aid - Financial aid information for international students.
- Mapping Your Future
- Mike Rowe Works Foundation Work Ethic Scholarship
- Navy / Marine Corps Relief Society - Navy and Marine Corps active duty and dependents grants and loans.
- Plato Scholarship Search - Free scholarship search engine.
- Rees Scholarship Foundation - for HVAC
- Resources by State
- Review.com - Find a college, apply online, and search for scholarships.
- Savings Calculators
- Student Guide
- Taxes for Students
- Turbo Tax Guide to College
- U.S. Department of Education
- Virginia Private Colleges
- Virginia College Scholarships
Look for Scholarship Announcements
Be sure to check our Edison Academy Announcements for the latest scholarship information that we have received from business, industry, and community partners.