Please Note: Advertisement of opportunities here does not constitute sponsorship or endorsement of the sponsoring organization or the scholarship opportunity by the Fairfax County School Board, the Superintendent, or a specific FCPS school. Opportunities may utilize a technology tool that has not been assessed by the Fairfax County Public Schools Department of Information Technology. Students should gain permission from their parent or guardian before engaging in any non-FCPS opportunity and families should review and agree to the Terms of Service and User Agreements for any technology platform that opportunity may use before participating.
Financial InTuition Podcasts from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (US Government Resource)
Learns tips and strategies on how to make more informed financial decisions around managing money, saving, and paying for higher education, and repaying student loan debt. Go here to learn more and watch.
Advice Regarding Emails Offering College Admissions Assistance and Financial Aid Services
There are many private companies in the U.S. who offer PAID college and financial aid services to students and their families. They often invite you to attend a "free" workshop, and, at the meeting, they will want you to register for their paid services. They may state how important the meeting is to determine your eligibility for financial aid and admissions, and may promise that their clients always receive financial aid. Please be an informed consumer- check into their ratings from the Better Business Bureau and online, and don't sign up for anything without doing your research first. Information on scholarships, financial aid and college can always be found for FREE- you do not need to pay for it. The Student Services team at your high school provides college, career, financial aid and scholarship counseling for FREE! If you have any questions contact your Career Center Specialist or your high school counselor.
Local Scholarships For Edison Academy and CTE Students.
Rotary Of Springfield Edison Academy CTE Scholarship
This scholarship is only open to students who attend the Edison Academy and who take CTE classes. All Academy classes at Edison are CTE classes. The scholarship committee plans to offer 1 or 2 scholarships up to $1100 each this year. Deadline to apply, May 6, 2023.
- The Online Window for making an application is April 11- May 6, 2023
- There is an On-line Google form to initially apply.
- Students must submit required additional supporting documents to Ms Williford in the Academy office or send by email to her at [email protected]. Required supporting documents are:
- Teacher/Counselor recommendation letter
- High School Transcript
- SAR report from FAFSA or most recent family income tax return
Awardees will be notified within 7-10 days of their scholarship award and asked to attend a Rotary club Thursday lunch meeting to receive their award and follow-up details.
Rotary of Alexandria CTE Scholarship
The Rotary of Alexandria CTE Scholarship is for graduating high school seniors who studied in a CTE program at Edison Academy or a CTE program at another school or Academy with an Alexandria postal zip code-
- Online Window for application submission is March 1 – April 26, 2023. OnLine form found here:
- Supporting Documents are to be mailed to @email by April 26, 2023.
Awardees will be notified on May 18 if they are to be recognized and receive scholarship awards. Awards luncheon will be held on June 6, 2023 at the Belle Haven Country Club.This year Rotary of Alexandria plans to award 3, $2500 scholarships to deserving local CTE students.
Scholarship Qualifications are found on the online form. Please note that the Alexandria Rotary CTE Scholarships are based primarily on the student having a clear career objective and commitment. That objective must be related to the CTE courses they have studied in high school. Applications are rated on:
- Personal statement of career objective (30 points)
- Financial need (20 points)
- Academic record in CTE courses (20 points)
- School and community activities (10 points)
- Recommendations, preferably from the CTE instructor (10 points)
- Work or Career experiences related to their CTE area of study (10 points) internships, field experiences, youth apprenticeships, etc.
- May include an explanation of special circumstances the applicant wishes for the committee to consider.
Mount Vernon-Springfield Chamber of Commerce Business Scholarships
Applications are now available for business scholarships.provided by Mount Vernon Springfield Chamber of Commerce. At least one scholarship of $2,000 will be awarded to a senior pursuing further education in business from each public high school in our growing service area. Additional scholarships may also be awarded depending on the applications received. Students may apply online. Application deadline is May 1, 2023.
- Students must live in Franconia, Mount Vernon, Springfield or Annandale Districts or attend a school in these districts. Students attending private schools may apply if they live in the designated areas.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (transcript must be provided)
- Write an essay on their current interest in business, their plans to pursue further education in business, and their views on becoming a business and community leader.
Open Door Presbyterian Church (ODPC) Community Service Scholarship Program (CSSP).
The ODPC is dedicated to helping youth in Fairfax County, through their scholarship program CSSP program. The purpose of the CSSP is to provide scholarships to qualified high school graduating seniors intending to study at either a two-year or four-year education institution after high school graduation. The individual award is $1000. Eligibility:
- Applicant must attend a Fairfax County High School
- Applicant must be a graduating senior in the year of the award
- Applicant must have at least a 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale or a 3.38 grade point average on a 4.5 scale.
- Applicant must demonstrate community involvement, improvement in academics, and a desire to attend and success in education at the college level.
Application instructions and more information. Deadline to apply is April 30, 2023 at 5 p.m.
FATE and ACE Scholarships
Go here for information on local FATE and FCPS - ACE Foundation scholarships. These scholarships are open to students in selected Edison Academy programs.
- Academic Scholarships are open to students in Automotive Collision or Technology, Carpentry, Construction Technology, Criminal Justice, Electrical Construction and Engineering, Entrepreneurship, and HVAC programs.
- Tool Scholarships are open to students in Automotive, Carpentry, Construction Technology, Electrical Construction and Engineering and HVAC programs.
- ACE Apprenticeship Scholarships are offered for students choosing to pursue studies after high school in an FCPS Adult and Community Education Apprenticeship program.
Virginia Tire and Auto Women in Automotive Scholarship
VT & A supports the advancement of women in the automotive industry through our Women in Automotive scholarship. Three $2,500 scholarships are available for those pursuing post-secondary education at an ASE-Certified auto technology program. Submissions for the Fall 2023 semester are due by March 31, 2023.Applicants must be female high school seniors who have been accepted into an eligible auto technology program and have a minimum 2.5 GPA. To apply, submit the following documents to [email protected] with the subject line, “Automotive Scholarship Application Information”:
- A one-page essay about your career goals (optional: you may also create a short YouTube video about your career goals and include the link in your submission)
- A letter of reference from your automotive instructor
- Your high school transcript
More Scholarship Resources
Scholarships are awarded to students based on their academic record, leadership ability, talents or need for financial assistance. There are a number of Web Scholarship Searches available. Be very careful about scams and do your research.
Visit your High School Career Center and Check out Naviance Student
FCPS students are encouraged to check out the scholarship opportunities available through their high school Career Center and in their Naviance Student account. Naviance Student is a web-based service designed especially for high school students and their parents to aid students as they make decisions about academic plans, colleges and post-secondary training, and careers. Use this guide to help you locate scholarships in Naviance.
Scholarships offered by organizations other than FCPS are neither sponsored nor endorsed by the Fairfax County School Board, the Superintendent, or this school. Additional scholarships and awards can be searched through the Financial Aid Offices of the colleges and universities under consideration.
For the complete FCPS database of Scholarships, go to Naviance: College Tab, Scholarships & Money, Scholarship List, Local & Regional Scholarships
Additional Financial Aid Information Sites:
- ACE Foundation Scholarships - for FCPS Adult and Community Education programs (Apprenticeship, Trade, and other classes/programs. For more information about ACE programs for students and graduates check out this resource and this ACE apprenticeship resource in addition to the ACE Foundation Scholarships information.
- Air Force Aid Society - Air Force Dependents scholarships, loans and grants.
- Amazon Future Engineers Scholarships
- AWS InCommunities Scholarship Program for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math majors. Application Deadline March 29,2022
- American Culinary Federation Education Foundation Scholarships
- Apple Federal Credit Union Scholarships
- Army Emergency Relief - Scholarships and aid for active duty Army soldiers and their dependents.
- Big Sun Athletics Scholarships
- College Access Fairfax - multiple local scholarships, workshops, resources and support services.
- CollegeAnswer - Website sponsored by Sallie Mae dedicated to colleges and scholarships.
- College Board
- CollegeNET - Features a scholarship search with more than 600,000 scholarships in the database.
- College Savings Plans Network - SAT information, college search apply on-line, scholarship search.
- CollegeScholarships.com - List of college scholarships updated monthly.
- CollegeView - Allows users to create a profile to get pertinent results in the scholarship search.
- Collision Repair Education Foundation Scholarship ( for Academy Collision Services Students) - View flyer Visit their website for information. Link to scholarship application (This link may not be accessible when on the FCPS network). NEW! Apply by March 2, 2022.
- CSS Profile
- CyberStart America Alan Paller Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Dominion Energy Educational Equity Scholarship Program
- Elks Lodge Scholarships
- FastWeb - Quickly search for colleges and scholarships.
- Federal Student Aid on the Web
- Financial Aid Information Page - Information on financial aid and scholarship scam alerts.
- FreSch - Advice for graduate students, suggestions, tips and more.
- Generation Google Scholarship
- Grants Vs Scholarships (courtesy of San Joaquin Valley College)
- Guide to College Scholarships from ChamberofCommerce.org
- Harry Goodall Squires Memorial Scholarship ( for ESL students attending a 2 or 4 year college) information found in Student Naviance - Scholarships
- International Education Financial Aid - Financial aid information for international students.
- Mapping Your Future
- #MasteroftheTrade Fieldpiece/SkillsUSA Scholarship for HVAC students who are SkillsUSA members
- Mike Rowe Works Foundation Work Ethic Scholarship
- Navy / Marine Corps Relief Society - Navy and Marine Corps active duty and dependents grants and loans.
- Plato Scholarship Search - Free scholarship search engine.
- PraxisExam.org Teacher Scholarship for Underrepresented Students
- PraxisExam.org Scholarship for Education Majors
- PraxisExam.org Scholarship for Teaching English as a Second Language
- Rees Scholarship Foundation - for HVAC
- Resources by State
- Review.com - Find a college, apply online, and search for scholarships.
- Turbo Tax Guide to College
- U.S. Department of Education
- University of Mary Washington College of Education Scholarship for graduating HS Seniors from Teachers for Tomorrow programs.
- Virginia Private Colleges
Upcoming Scholarship Deadline Reminders.
Visit Naviance or see your Career Center at your base high school for more information on these scholarships.
Harris Goodall Squires Memorial Scholarship established in 2020 will be awarded each year to a graduating high school senior in FCPS who is enrolled or previously enrolled in ESOL programs for at least one year during high school and is seeking to attend a 2 year or 4 year college program. This scholarship is found in the FCPS database in Naviance. Application deadline is April 1.