Are you a born leader? Do you want to be?
Are you comfortable speaking to people you don't know? Or do you have the desire to become more confident in challenging social and school (professional) situations?
Do you like to help others? Do you enjoy helping teachers? Or do you seek opportunities to provide service to your school and community?
Do others say that you are a responsible person? Or are you seeking to take on responsibility to earn recognition and build your leadership experiences?
Did you answer many of these questions with a YES? If so, congratulations! You have what it takes to become an Academy Ambassador!
- Greet visitors and guest speakers to the Academy, and to your classroom
- Serve as host/hostess for Academy sponsored meetings and events
- Speak at special events such as school board meetings, Back-to-School nights, Academy Open Houses and other special Academy functions
- Serve as an "ambassador" to introduce yourself, your teachers, and your fellow students to community and business leaders when on field trips, and at other special events at, or away from school
- Travel to make presentations at elementary, middle, and other high schools (when invited) to talk about your Academy program and how it fits into your future career aspirations.
What can being an Ambassador do for you?
- Add a new bullet point to your resume (leadership experience, community service)
- Earn Service Learning hours for after school, evening, and weekend events
- Allows an opportunity to network with business and industry leaders
- Develop your self-esteem, self-confidence, and poise
- Eligibility for letters of recommendation from your academy teacher(s), academy counselor, and administrative staff
- Earn a special Eagle lapel pin for your service
Students Who Agree to Serve as Ambassadors Should:
- Be outgoing ( or desire to be more so)
- Have good communication skills or desire to build on current skills
- Show initiative
- Be highly enthusiastic about their Academy program
- Willing and able to attend outside of school activities and events
- Attending class regularly
- Willing to dress for events ( wear academy class uniform, academy spirit wear, or business casual attire depending upon the occasion)
Ambassadors are selected by their Academy teachers. If you wish to be considered for an Academy Ambassador position be sure to speak with your teacher.