Course Registration Information
Interested in attending the Edison Academy?
Follow these steps to start an exciting future with us:
Choose a Specialized Program
- Review the Academy and Other Specialized Programs Course Offerings to identify the course and location you are interested in attending.
- Think about a second course choice in the event your first choice is full.
- Discuss your course interests with your parent or guardian.
We Suggest That You Also Visit to See What We're All About
Open House - Our next open house will be on Saturday, February 9, 2019, from 10:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m. ( Snow Date February 24, 2019) This event is open to students and their families.
Student Visits During the School Day - See your school counselor to arrange a visit to the Edison Academy class you are considering. Edison Academy classes are open for student visitors Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays during our AM or midday blocks from January - February. Your counselor will help you arrange all the details.
Some helpful hints for counselors regarding student visits:
- It’s important for us to make sure visitors have an enjoyable and meaningful visit so we need time to prepare for our student visitors. School counselors MUST contact Cassandra Deedy, Edison Academy Counselor, at 703-924-8101, at least two days prior to the desired visit date to finalize arrangements.
- A Student Visitor Form for the student's base school must be completed. Students must bring this form with them for their Academy visit: Annandale, Edison, Falls Church, Hayfield, Justice, Lake Braddock, Lee, Mount Vernon, Quander Road, South County, West Potomac, West Springfield, and Generic Pass for other schools.
- Verify exact course offering and times available on the visitor pass for your base school.
- Please note that shuttle transportation to and from our Academy is required for our student visitors.
Meet with Your School Counselor to Complete the Registration Process
- Meet with your counselor to review and confirm your academy/specialized program choice(s).
- Your counselor will complete the online registration application with you.
- Check your email account to confirm your application has been submitted by the March 15th deadline.
- March 15, 2019 - Academy application deadline. After this date, registrations will be accepted for courses on a space-available basis.
- Tentative March 25 (subject to change) – Admission decisions posted for school counselors.