Would you like to partner with us?
Visit this page for FCPS Partnerships Information https://www.fcps.edu/get-involved/business-and-community-partnerships/ignite-partnerships or call us at 703-924-8100.
Do you have work-based learning opportunities for students?
We are happy to publicize opportunities for our students to participate in paid internships and youth registered apprenticeship. We also can help you publicize service learning opportunities to students. Contact our Career Experience Specialist, Genie Williford to share opportunities. We will post them on our website and publicize to teachers and students in classes.
Would you like to offer to be an in-person or virtual guest speaker to talk with students about relevant career information?
Would you like to offer a job shadow opportunity for a student or group of students to visit virtually or in-person to observe workers and/or learn more about a career field or particular job?
For job shadow opportunities, reach out to Genie Williford the Career Experiences Specialist.
Do you have scholarship opportunities to share with our students?
Send all scholarship information to Genie Williford, to be posted and shared with students.
Do you have job opportunities to share with our graduates and soon-to-be graduating Seniors?
We can post a short description of job opportunities on our website and share details with our students and alumni. Jobs for Graduates on Soon-To-Be Graduates. Contact our Career Experience Specialist, Genie Williford, to submit your requests.
Partners and Community Supporters
Top Edison Academy Partners and Community Supporters:
- ABC, Associated Builders and Contractors, Virginia, https://www.abcva.org/
- Beckstrom Electric http://www.beckstromelectric.com/
- Jim Corridon Electric Company, http://corridonelectric.com/
- Dominion Electric Supply Company https://www.dominionelectric.com/
- Fairfax County Police Department https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/fairfax-county-police-department#gsc.tab=0
- Elks Lodge #758 https://www.elks.org/lodges/home.cfm?LodgeNumber=758
- Fairfax County Government Department of Vehicle Services
- Fairfax County Government Building Division
- George Washington’s Mount Vernon Operations and Maintenance Department http://www.mountvernon.org/
- Helix Electric https://www.helixelectric.com/
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local #26http://www.ibewlocal26.org
- National Association of Power Engineers https://www.powerengineers.com/
- Navy Federal Credit Union https://www.navyfederal.org
- Northern Virginia Community College Office of Dual Enrollment http://www.nvcc.edu/dual-enrollment/index.html
- Mount Vernon -Lee Chamber of Commerce http://www.mtvernon-leechamber.org/
- Rotary Club of Alexandria http://rotaryclubofalexandria.net/
- Rotary Club of Springfield http://rotary-springfield-va.org/
- SMART 100 and SMACNA http://www.smart100.org/
- Trademasters Services https://trademasters.com/
- VDOT http://www.virginiadot.org/novacareerfair/
Other local partners and mentor organizations are also listed on each Academy’s curricular program pages.